Friday, February 10, 2006

Musica!

I'll never forget the little man in Acapulco who would yell "MUSICA!" and then all of a sudden, music would play. He was the fun director or something, and he was adorable. Musica was a must, considering we stayed at the aptly named Copacabana resort. Skiddly as Acapulco was, I'd totally go back.

Anyhoo, my dear girl Heather (incidentally whom I went to Acapulco with) gave me a Rob Thomas CD all the way from London (italics hers) for Christmas (I gave her Khiel's products) and on it is this heavy track called Dear Joan. It's seriously intense, and has a stalker element, but it speaks to me. Ah, failed relationships...grab a listen if you ever get a chance.

Oh, and remember how in my first post I said that the Coldplay tune Fix You needed more listening? Well. That song got me through a serious attack of the vapours and I love it. One of the best tunes from 2005, easily.

Other tunes I loved in 2005:
Lonely No More - Rob Thomas (quelle surprise!)
All These Things That I've Done - The Killers (memories of Fenelon Falls and early morning Tim's...)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - U2. Shaddup, Dave.
Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson. I know. I never thought so either.
Fix You - Coldplay. As above.
The Blowers Daughter - Damian Rice. This tune is So. Haunting.
We Belong Together - Mariah Carey. I just love this song. And the guy in the video is the same guy who is in the Killers' video for Mr. Brightside. He's ugly-hot.

Lalalallalala...that's it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy in both videos is Eric Roberts, he of way too many "erotic thrillers" that went straight to video. Oh, and he's Julia's brother.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write like you speak.

"Well" - haha
-Lucky-

3:33 PM  
Blogger WitMistress said...

Get out! Eric Roberts?! Erotic Thrillers?! NEAT!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home