Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Oh, Happy Day!

I think that John Godfrey must read my blog. John graciously stepped aside in the Leadership this morning, and for this, I applaud him. His talents will be much more valuable to the party if he is using his big, huge brain to develop great, Liberal policy. He's looking a touch gaunt, so I hope he's ok healthwise. Best wishes from me to John and Trish.

If you ever go to Warren Kinsella's website, you'll see
this. I'm so jealous I could spit. I'm thinking the time has come to offer myself to Warren wholly and completely and hope he takes me with him wherever he goes. Or I could just apply for a job at his firm after 2007. Heh.

Did you all see Bill saying he's the "world's most famous sinner" yesterday on CNN? To me, that just made him all the more irresistable. Damaged yet gracious, charismatic yet sensitive, also he's tall and in the best shape of his life. I'm on board.

In Other News...
I'm supposed to come up with a top 5 pop songs list. I am living High Fidelity.

I have been in an inexplicably good mood since I returned from Florida and so this is clearly a good time in my sun cycle or some shit like that to use my powers for good. Suggestions?

Back to the real world. So, tra la, that's it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top 5 pop songs:

Bizarre Love Triangle
One
Vogue
Eleanor Rigby
Nightswimming

9:49 AM  
Blogger WitMistress said...

First off, well done on "bizarre". Second, here's my response:

BLT - sure, I suppose. Why not. It's a good tune.

One - My favourite U2 song, but not a "pop" tune, per se. I think Pride is a better choice.

Vogue - no way. Madonna was WAY more poppy than Vogue, which had an R&B kick to it. I think Like a Virgin, Borderline, Holiday or Papa Don't Preach are better choices.

Eleanor Rigby - sad and depressing. Pop is not sad and depressing. I think the best Beatles choice is "I Wanna Hold Your Hand".

Nightswimming - Love the song. Love. It. It'll be on every playlist I ever make. But it's not a pop tune, in that it wasn't popular. Losing My Religion, Orange Crush, End of the World as we Know it or Shiny Happy People are better.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home